Sunday, May 05, 2013

WEEKLY WRAP-UP

We have been crazy busy with Maiedae this week; working on client designs, launching my new blog design, and preparing for The Maiedae Mixer on June 1st! We had some plans to work this weekend but ended up canceling them to rest. We try NOT to work on the weekends, but recently it's been a lot of go-go-go, so I'm glad we called it and took a little break. It's important to push back a little before you get to the burn out stage of doing something you love.

My parents went out of town this weekend for a short trip so I've been house-sitting and spending time with my little sister all weekend. We both share an undeniable love for beauty products and spent the whole day shopping, buying Mother's Day gifts and talking about which concealer is the best. ;) Love spending time with her.

Next week won't be a full week for me. On Thursday, I'm taking some vacation days and going with my husband and another couple to Tennessee for our three year wedding anniversaries! I am SO excited. I love mini vacations and I'm stoked that we get to go out of town to celebrate our anniversary this year. I'm also having a hard time believing that on the 14th we will have been married for 3 years! Time sure whips on by doesn't it? I'll be 25 in July and thinking about being in my mid-twenties is crazy! Thankfully I still get asked if I'm in college, so it's all good. ;)

Snapshot(s) of the Week: I got a little behind on my photo snapping this week so I'm going to share some of my favorite memories from April for this week's Snapshots. 1// Loved this weekend with friends in Atlanta. The weather was perfect! 2// Shot a favorites video with my sister. 3// Went to Savannah with Jenny for a Maiedae retreat and to celebrate her coming on board full-time! 4// Planning, crafting, and prepping for the Maiedae Mixer.


5 Favorite Posts:
* 20 Ways to Kick Sugar to the Curb - MindBodyGreen 
* Things I've Used Up - Essie Button
* Ethereal Outfit Ideas - The Maiedae Mixer 
* 7 Blogs that Will Make You A Better Blogger - IFB
* Avocado Coconut Ice Cream - Design*Sponge

Favorite Blog/Site of the Week:
* Gettin Pretty - One of my favorite friends, Leah, recently started a new blog about natural health, beaut, and fashion. Leah is a full-time author and administrator for Maiedae AND is super talented at everything. This is one of my favorite topics to read about and I can't wait to learn from her experience!

Inspiring Me this Week:
Loving how this new design is inspiring me to blog! A fresh space can do wonders for inspiration.

3 Things About Yours Truly: 
* Fish and plants are two things I'm not gifted at keeping alive.
* I have a bad habit of popping my knuckles.
* If I had extra time on my hands I would totally work at LUSH. In a heart-beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment