Thursday, November 08, 2012

PROJECT CONDO: FINAL TOUCHES

I can't believe my dining room is *nearly* finished! It's looking like my goal of having it complete by December 1st is going to happen and I can't wait to host a formal dinner party for my friends to celebrate! Yesterday was exciting because my father-in-law and I got to finish a very special project that's now hanging on the wall. That leaves only a few final touches left to complete the dining room!


1. I'm still really wanting a "bar cart" area in the space. Since we nixed the actual bar cart idea, I'm planning on using a space on our buffet table to create a bar area. I'm going to buy a mirrored vanity tray to put all of the bottles and accessories on. Something with a filigree element and some shine to add a little more metallic to the room. I also LOVE the branch styled bar accessories above. I have silverware very similar from West Elm.

2. I would love to have a small terrarium somewhere in the space. Most likely on the buffet table. Jon and I don't have a single live plant in our home due to my fluffy Kaito who LOVES eating all plants. I think a closed in terrarium like this would keep the little plants safe from kitty teeth and add an organic touch to the space.

3. These faux antlers are beautiful. I think I've settled in on this being my centerpiece for the table. I wanted something simple and natural looking for the centerpiece and I think this will look just right!

Aside from these purchases, I have just a small to-do list left! I can't wait to put it all together and show you how much it's changed from the beginning! I'm planning to show off my art wall and special project soon. Keep an eye out!!


14 comments:

  1. Love the idea of the antler centerpiece!
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. the terrarium is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those gilded antlers would make any condo perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gosh my kitty eats all of my plants too! i have no idea why they're so fascinated with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like its coming along well. That terrarium is beautiful and will add life to more industrial style. I love the pictures you posted of your dining room. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Terrarium is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrariums are so cute! I love all these inspiring pictures.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i would KILL for an awesome set of bar tools like that. it's one our list of things to acquire. and love that terrarium.

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've enjoyed seeing it all take shape,

    http://artistandwife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow love :)

    Val
    http://valentinaduracinsky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see the whole thing put together! Redecorating is so much fun. And I have to agree with you on those faux antlers! I love them!! :)
    XO, Kenzie
    www.kenzieamick.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I have been looking for the perfect pair of antlers for so long to hang all my jewels and beads from in my room and these look perfect! Beautiful blog! X

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the looks of all these things! That tray is perfect.

    ReplyDelete