Monday, July 30, 2012

NEW HOME!

Time to play a little catch up! Jon and I got the keys to our new condo on Thursday night. We did a little walk-through and prepared ourselves for the LONG weekend. On Friday, we took carloads of clothes, lamps, and other things we didn't want to put in the moving truck over to the condo. By the end of the day, we had taken a total of four trips to the condo and 10 carloads! It was a great head start for our move.


On Saturday, family and friends came over to our apartment early in the morning and we loaded the moving truck and unpacked it in our new condo before dinnertime. Everyone worked so hard. Jon and I were so grateful for the help and love that was shown to us. We had lots of cleaning to do, so there was a lot of scrubbing, vacuuming, and unloading going on all day! Our first night was spent on a mattress on the floor with sore legs and feet. It felt like the end of a full day walking around Disney!

We spent all day Sunday and today unpacking, taking trash to the dump, doing little projects, running errands, and organizing! My goal was to have the majority of our boxes unpacked and our home in working order. We are in a good place this evening with only a few boxes left! We've got a list of home projects to complete and we are SO excited to make this condo ours. We spent some of today, hand in hand, walking around our new place dreaming about how we will decorate it and our ideas for each room. We are so blessed to be in this new phase and home.

My first big project is the dining room. You can follow along with my progress and inspiration boards here! We've already made a little bit of progress in the dining room, but still have a lot to do! The table was delivered on Sunday and our chandelier is up!

I'll be getting back to my regular posting schedule starting tomorrow with a special interview and beautiful giveaway!! I hope your weekend was the best. :)


14 comments:

  1. Anonymous30.7.12

    how exciting! It's so wonderful that you have amazing people in your life who helped you unpack. I can't wait to see how the dining room ends up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved being a part of your move and planning out things with you love! I can't wait to see the progress when I come back. I am so excited for you! I don't understand why you didn't post a picture of your couch though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Savannah! Moving into a new place is so exciting! Can't wait to see how you decorate the place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! I can imagine how exciting these days must be! I'm moving in with my boyfriend for the first time in September! We're getting a little studio because we're both still studying, but I can't wait for us to get our own home too!

    love, Saar

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats! exciting.. I move into my new dorm room in college in a month... not the same thing, i know ^^

    Val
    http://valentinaduracinsky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! Knowing your style, I am sure your new home is going to be very beautiful - Like something out of a magazine!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I can't wait to see how decorate, you have a great style! Moving is such a stressful, but magical event!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your new condo, Savannah! :) Enjoy designing your new space. Remember, it’s best to maximize the space as much as possible. Do put a limit in putting pieces to have more walking space inside the unit.

    Luise Baanders

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, that's wonderful!

    Christen
    www.anunordinaryhello.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous31.7.12

    Love this post! Your cabinets are so pretty and I love the no doors, it's like a display of your pretty glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Moving into a new home is such an exciting time!

    Becky
    xx

    http://www.beckybedbug.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Moving to new house can be very stressful, but you sound otherwise. Thanks to your friends! In times like this, you should definitely make use of your connections. Ha-ha! I checked your progress and inspiration boards, and I love your overall theme. It is simple, but can’t be considered plain. You also have a great eye for exceptional pieces. Good luck on everything! :)

    Christian Traughber

    ReplyDelete