Tuesday, May 29, 2012

WEEKLY WRAP UP

What a wonderful long weekend! I spent Wednesday-Thursday at Chateau Élan with my department for a little retreat time. See post here. On Friday, I spent the morning with Jon, packed my bags, and took a road trip to Knoxville, TN, with Jenny to visit her family and attend her bridal shower. (More pics coming soon!) We got back Sunday afternoon and spent a couple hours getting ready for our Pinterest Party. Since it was a holiday weekend, we didn't have a lot of girls show up but Jenny, Kate, Jessie, and I put on "Easy A" and worked on our jewelry stand DIY. I'll be posting more about that later! Then, on Monday (Memorial Day), Jon and I decided to take an us day and just spend time together. We slept in, made breakfast, cuddled, talked, went antique shopping with Kate and Glenn, played with LEGOs, watched Hook, made dinner...it was a fantastic day. We very much look forward to the times when we can just pause our busy schedules and be together.

This week, I'm working on getting back into the swing of things at my job and with Maiedae. We've got a handful of design projects in queue that need to get done before Jenny's wedding in June!

Snapshot(s) of the Week: 1// A shot of my TOMS before decorating them at the "Style Your Sole" party. See after shot here. 2// From the Western themed dinner at Chateau Élan. 3// Before heading out to Knoxville, TN. 4// Close up shot of my Pinterest Party project!

5 Favorite Posts:
* We Love the VSCO Cam iPhone App by A Beautiful Mess
* 5 Tips for Keeping Red Hair Bright by A Beautiful Mess
* What's in Our Bags by Oh So Lovely Vintage
* Tutorial - Long Hair Updo by Jordan Byers
* Take it with You: Travel Essentials by Design*Sponge

Favorite Blog of the Week:
* Young House Love -- You might already be aware of this blog, but it's amazing. And hilarious. I've been a reader for about 3 years and I love it. Great home DIY inspiration and fun peeks into the lives of this adorable family.

Inspiring Me this Week:
* Moleskine -- I've got a lot of to-do's this week and I'm hoping to be extremely productive!

3 Things About Yours Truly:
* I'm moving in 9 weeks! Counting down the days...
* Feeling: Slow and tired today. I have a workout session with my trainer later this afternoon, so hopefully that will pep me up.
* Craving: A coffee date with friends.



3 comments:

  1. Your Memorial Day sounds perfect! We had a low-key "us" day too. Much needed!
    Yay for road trips and bridal showers! Happy you had such a fun long weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful weekend!
    And I love the after shot of those Toms - such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun link list! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete