Wednesday, January 11, 2012

25 GOALS FOR 2012

I'm so excited to finally post my goals for the new year! I can't tell you how many times I edited this list, took things out...added them back in, changed my mind. After over a month of tweaking, I think I'm finally at a good place and I'm so, so very excited about accomplishing these items in 2012. :) This year, I'm really working on learning and development by taking some e-courses, reading, and attending a workshop. I'm also really wanting to work on our memories as a family by creating blurb books, taking more pictures, printing, and framing photos that have been sitting on the computer for way too long.

I also have some business, home, organizational, and health related goals that I'm stoked about. :) Hello 2012! Are you ready?


>>> 1. Take the DIY Dress-Up E-Course. -- I've always wanted to improve my sewing skills and be able to alter my own clothing and possibly make a couple cute pieces for myself!

>>> 2. Read 3 business//development-related books or e-courses. -- It's important to me to constantly grow and challenge myself personally and professionally. Gaining insights from others is one of my favorite ways to do that.

>>> 3. Learn to bake French Macaroons. -- I had my first taste of these little treats in Seattle last year. They were delicious! Especially the lemon ones. ;) I've heard they are a challenge to make, so naturally I decided to give it a shot myself.

>>> 4. Start going to bed earlier and waking up earlier on weekdays. -- I would like to get my body into a better sleep routine, so I have more energy and won't feel rushed in the morning. I would like to be able to have quiet time, take my time getting ready for work and naturally feel like going to sleep and waking up.

>>> 5. Do project HIS & HERS. -- Coming soon!

>>> 6. Move into our first house! -- We will be making two moves this year. The first is to move into a temporary bigger apartment due to housing a friend for a couple months. The final move is hopefully into a rental house for a couple years. Can't wait!

>>> 7. Take 2-year anniversary photos. -- We have made it a tradition to take pictures for our wedding anniversary every year and this year, we are looking into hiring a professional. See last year's here.

>>> 8. Pay off 2 of my final 4 student loans. -- Workin' these bad boys down! Can't wait to be completely debt free!

>>> 9. Have at least five Pinterest parties this year. -- Jenny and I started an every-other-month Pinterest party in order to have an excuse to do something creative and build community with some of the ladies we know in the Atlanta area. Our next one is in February!

>>> 10. Organize all of our family documents, memories, and MISC paperwork. -- Everything is so cluttered right now.

>>> 11. Attend a marriage retreat with Jon. -- Jon and I try to be very intentional about our marriage and constantly trying to "date" each other. Since we've been married for going on 2 years, I think this would be a great opportunity to continue being intentional.

>>> 12. Complete first year of 5-year journal. -- Jon gave me the Q&A a Day a 5-year journal for Christmas and I just love it. It only takes 2minutes of my time every day and it's great for capturing little memories.

>>> 13. Become an official member of our church. -- We've put this off for too long. Time to get to it!

>>> 14. Have at least six 7-11's. -- We started doing "7-11's" right after we got married in order to stay connected with our friends and have a time to fellowship. We usually aim to host it every month, so whether we do it 6 or 12 times, I would love to continue this tradition.

>>> 15. Print and frame wedding photos for our home//make blurb books for our home and for our family. -- Seriously...it's been almost 2 years. Time to do something with those beautiful pictures!

>>> 16. Explore 5 new places in the Atlanta area. -- I tend not to really explore the area I'm living in; I'd like to change that this year by going on some new adventures.

>>> 17. Take a summer workshop at SCAD. -- I'm dying to do some more professional learning! Hoping to take a jewelry making, printing press, or some other creative workshop.

>>> 18. Launch the new re-design of www.MaieDae.com. -- Jon and I have been working hard on the re-design and development of the new site. I can't wait to show you when it's ready!

>>> 19. Go thrifting or antiquing one time each month. -- I have a thrift store literally 3 minutes away from where I live and I rarely go. I need more treasure hunting in my life.

>>> 20. Put together special date night calendar with Jon. -- Ever since Jon and I went to college in 2006, we began having weekly date nights. We continued this in our marriage but want to get a little creative and come up with at least 10-12 unique date nights to pick from randomly each week.

>>> 21. Start and develop new Balance series on blog. -- This has been a big one on my mind for the past year. I'm working on how to properly approach it...I'm really excited with the plans so far. I think it's going to be an extremely useful series and//or maybe e-book?!

>>> 22. Participate in another craft show. -- Last year, Jenny and I participated in our first two shows and it was amazing! We really loved our experience in Greenville at the Indie Craft Parade and hope to go again this year. :)

>>> 23. Read the "No Brainer Wardrobe", purge my closet, define my style, and begin to shop more intentionally. -- Found this amazing blog and e-book via Moriah yesterday and just had to add it to my list. I have been wanting to work through my wardrobe for years and this year is the perfect time to start.

>>> 24. Create an organized dinner menu with easy//healthier recipe options. -- We are so bad with our current dinner menu. Jon and I tend to stick with quick meals that aren't always very healthy since we both work full-time. Hoping to get a little more organized, gain a little more cooking knowledge and get a little healthier this year.


>>> 25. Make artwork with our wedding vows. -- I've been wanting to do this for awhile now. We wrote our own vows to each other and I'd like to create something beautiful to put in our home.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am so thrilled about this list. It's going to be a great year. :) Have you made goals or resolutions for 2012? I'd love to see your post about it! Please feel free to leave your link in the comment section below.



5 comments:

  1. Your goals seem so reasonable and so interesting! I like that you have goals for every aspect of your life, not just working on one aspect! I wish you all the best luck in trying to get everything together this year and I hope that you are able to achieve everything you have set for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your balance blogs, and to explore Atlanta more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great list! I'm currently working on one too. It's hard isn't it as you want to push yourself but then the goals also need to be achievable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great list! I tend to be more vague and not worry so much about year-long goals. In my experience, a whole year is too long for me. I put things off or forget about them. Instead, I do monthly goals. Tends to work better for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! I JUST downloaded the DIY Dress-Up e-course!! I can't wait to see how your projects turn out, I assume you'll be sharing yours? I'll be sharing mine at http://lordknowsilovetodance.blogspot.com!

    Mel

    ReplyDelete